What is Parkinson’s disease
Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a progressive neuro-degenerative disease, which responds usually well to initial dopaminergic therapy.
Treatment of Parkinson’s disease at every stage from the initial diagnosis to the more advance stage needs long term planning; the occurrence of the motor and neuropsychiatric complications has to be anticipated for a better result.
So therapeutic strategies are essential, as a unique universal treatment for PD does not exist!
When complications occur, compromises between mobility and involuntary movements, compromises between mobility and hallucinations have to be carefully considered; experienced neurologists in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease are the most appropriate clinicians for finding the right balance for each individual patient.
Dr Marion is a leading neurologist in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- Dr Marion had run Parkinson’s clinics both in Paris and in London. She was responsible for the NHS Parkinson’s clinic at St George’s hospital for 12 years
- She has a holistic approach with a program of physical exercises designed for Parkinson patient, very gradual introduction of antiparkinsonian drugs, improving sleep and looking at possible anxiety and depression.
- She is a leader in the treatment of severe advanced Parkinson’s disease with infusion techniques using Apomorphine SC infusion since 1986 and more recently, jejunal Duodopa infusion.
- She works with the best neurosurgical teams for deep brain stimulation in London
- She covers all aspects of Parkinson’s disease from new diagnosis to treatment of the complications such as freezing, dyskinesias, sleep disorders, drooling, falls and hallucinations.
- She has published in the last 3 years about sleep disorders in Parkinson’s disease, duration of admission in demented parkinsonian patients and also about the complications of treatment with Duodopa.
keywords: London Parkinson specialist, Wimbledon Parkinson specialist, Parkinson treatment, hallucinations Parkinson treatment, holistic treatment Parkinson, physical exercise in Parkinson.