The first injection of Botulinum toxin is often source of anxiety for the patient who has no idea of what ‘s going to happen. The injection itself is usually quick, not painful and often surprised the patient, who does not feel different after the injection.
- The injection can be performed the same day than the first consultation
- The effect is always delayed from 48 hours with the optimal effect 7 to 10 days after. So the patient leaves the clinic without feeling different and can go back to work, take a train, etc..
- The side effects due to the spread of BoNT-A into adjacent muscles occur 10 days after the injection and last about 4 to 6 weeks.
- The benefit from the injection wears off after a period of time, depending in part of the condition treated. As an indication, 3 months for Blepharosapsm, 4 months for hemifacial spasm and complications of facial palsy, 3 to 4 months for cervical dystonia, 4 to 6 months for spasmodic dysphonia, 6 to 9 months for excessive sweating.
- Don’t hesitate to e mail or telephone dr Marion for more details